Online Registration Processes:
- Appropriate school personnel take the necessary steps
to register the student for the course.
- Appropriate school personnel will register the student when the course is open for enrollment. Dates are announced through an email and posted online. NOTE: Advanced Placement courses have
the expectation that a student will start the next Monday
following the registration up to the last possible Monday
start date for that semester. If the Advanced Placement
course is year-long, a student, with the assistance of
the contact person, will need to register at the identified
time for the second semester.
- Appropriate school personnel must provide the Purchase
Order number for recognition of official approval of the
- Middle School and High School courses = $275 per enrollment
- Credit Recovery courses = $250 per enrollment
- College courses = Current college course costs (Approx. $300-$400 depending on the number of credits).
- Appropriate building personnel must enter the student
information onto the registration form and click the submit
- Once a student has been officially registered for the
course through the online registration process,
the information goes directly into a database at CESA 7.
NEWON Staff Processes:
- NEWON staff will register the student for the course with the appropriate provider.
- NEWON staff will invoice the school district using the PO number on the registration form.
- NEWON staff will confirm the provider registration through email with the district contact person.
School District Processes:
- School district staff will connect with the student
regarding finalizing district processes for local education
guide support, appropriate computer use, discipline, etc.
- School district staff will acquire the necessary textbooks needed for the course based upon the course description.
- School district staff will pay the invoice that has been sent by the NEWON staff.
- The student will be assigned a “mentor (LEG) ” to help support the online learning.
- The student will complete an orientation before starting the course, if the course provider requires the orientation.
- The student will receive a welcoming email from the course provider and/or the online teacher.
- The student will acquire from his or her school district the necessary textbooks and/or equipment needed for the course based upon the course description.
- The student will ensure the capability of accessing the course through the appropriate technology. "Email and System Requirements"
- The student will complete the work of the course and receive a grade upon completion of the work or when the class is over, whichever comes sooner.