- Is there sufficient information on what the child is doing now?
____ needs related to the child's disability
____ parent concerns
- How does the child's disability affect progress in the general curriculum?
- Does the PLOP establish a baseline of information about the child?
____ measurable - means observable (you can see it, hear it, count it)
____ functional - means useful in the child's daily environment
____ identifies any special factors
____ describes both academic and non-academic areas
____ includes results of most recent evaluation or re-evaluation (e.g. formal and informal educational performance data, state and/or district assessments)
- What can the child accomplish in 12 months?
____ related to the disability
____ related to the Wisconsin academic standards/general curriculum
- Is the goal stated in the following terms:
The child - will do what - to what level/degree?
- Does the goal apply to a variety of situations and activities?
- Can you describe the behavior the child will be doing when the goal is reached?
Short Term Objectives/Benchmarks
- What will the child need to do to achieve each annual goal?
____ at least 2 per each goal
____ a precursor step or building block skill
- Do the short-term objectives define the intermediate steps to a goal?
The child - will do what - to what level/degree- under what conditions?
- Do the benchmarks identify major milestones in achieving a goal?
The child - will do what - to what level/degree - by when?
CESA #11 Discretionary Grant