Become a Substitute Teacher
The CESA 7 Substitute Teacher Preparatory Program is a virtual experience designed to prepare participants to be effective substitute teachers. Our online program will provide complete flexibility so participants may complete the required coursework when it is most convenient. Through CESA 7, participants will receive access to the Master Teacher online learning platform to complete the Foundations of Effective Substitute Teacher Training courses. CESA 7 will also provide support and guidance with the Department of Public Instruction’s application process for the Substitute Teacher License.
- Basic district and school policies and procedures
- Teaching strategies that are age appropriate
- Discipline, conflict resolution, and classroom management techniques
- Health and safety issues, including handling medical emergencies
- Techniques for starting a class
- The culture of schools and the profession
- Working with lesson plans
- Educational technology use
- Working with children with special needs, including confidentiality issues
- Substitute teacher permit application process
To qualify for a Three-Year Short-Term Substitute Teacher License, participants must have an associates degree or higher in any field and complete this training.
Business Development Director