CESA 7 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Green Bay Area Public School District
21st Century Community Learning Center (CLC)/Fund 80 After School Program
CLC Program Assistant Job Description
Selected candidate will be employed by CESA 7
Description:The Green Bay Area Public School District, in partnership with CESA 7, is seeking qualified candidates to serve as
Program Staff in our 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) After School Program. Our 21st CCLC sites
provides a safe and engaging learning environment for students in out-of-school hours. Academic enrichment activities,
such as tutoring in reading and math, and services that enhance the regular academic program, such as recreation,
technology education, social-emotional learning and character education are offered daily. The 21st CCLC program
affords students and their families the opportunity to work on academics as well as participate in various activities that
provide enrichment, encourage teamwork and support academic improvement efforts.
K-5 CLC Sites:
● Lincoln Elementary School; 105 South Buchanan, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54303
● Nicolet Elementary School; 1309 Elm Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54302
● Experience in planning/facilitating educational activities during in or out-of-school programs
● Comfortable and knowledgeable in the planning and creation of targeted activities suitable in an active
● High school diploma (current high school seniors also invited to apply with endorsement from their
● Enjoy working with children who may be dealing with a variety of outside life difficulties.
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● CPR/AED and First Aid certified OR able to obtain certifications within 30 days of hire (training
● Background in education or youth development
● Working towards or have obtained an Associates or Bachelors degree in the area of education
Reports to: CLC Site Director
Job Summary:Under the supervision of the Site Director, the Program Assistant will develop, implement and lead
programs/activities during the after school program. The Program Assistant will also assist students with
homework, math and literacy academic skill-building, provide recreational/physical activities, social emotional
learning development and other enrichment opportunities. In addition, the Program Assistant will provide a
team atmosphere with other staff to create a safe, fun, and educational atmosphere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop, organize, and facilitate age and ability-appropriate interactive learning activities
● Design and/or deliver learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate and engaging for
children between the ages of 5-12.
● Utilize Common Core Standards and researched-based/evidence-based curriculum to support the
development of activities that will produce a highly interactive learning environment during out-of-school
● Utilize CLC resources and supplies to support the weekly activities planned
● Provide homework support and assistance
● Work under the daily direction of the Site Director
● Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program participants and maintain a clean and
● Organize necessary supplies for programs/activities
● Assist other program staff and volunteers
● Supervise and monitor the behavior of the participants
● Enforce expectations and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary/reteaching utilizing PBIS andCHAMPS strategies
● Communicate effectively with parents, other CLC staff, and day school teachers concerning
activities/programs, participant’s academic struggles and successes, schedule changes, participant’s
behavior and needs, upcoming programs, room usage, etc.
● Attend mandatory staff meetings and staff training sessions
● Develop and maintain positive relationships with day school staff such as the principal, secretaries,
teachers, and custodial staff
● Complete and submit documents per program requirements
● Maintains confidentiality in verbal, written, and electronic communications
● Follows safe practices and adheres to safety standards
● Be able to meet the physical requirements for this role (lift 10 pounds, engaging in active children’s
games, sports, and other activities.
● Completes all other duties and tasks, as assigned.
● Part-time; school year, only
● Monday through Friday
● Hours: Approximate start time is between 2:00 to 3:00pm; approximate end time is between 5:30 and
● Program runs on full school days, only
Hourly Pay Range
● $10.50-$11.25 Depends upon education and past experience.
How to Apply:Applicants can apply using WECAN, CESA 7 website, send a resume and letter of interest to this position to Matt Wink at email@example.com, or mail a resume and letter of interest
to this position to CESA 7 Jobs, 595 Baeten Road, Green Bay, WI 54304.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Part-time employees are not eligible for sick, vacation or benefits packages and
are hired as Limited Term Employee (LTE) through CESA 7 with placement in the Green Bay Area
Public School District After School Program at various Elementary Schools.
To learn more about CESA jobs across the state visit: